OPEN LETTER (4 of 7)
To: Yvonne Walker, President of SEIU Local 1000
From: Ken Hamidi
CC: California State Employees represented by SEIU Local 1000
Date: July 21, 2010
RE: Open Letter (4 of 7), questions about the contract
Dear Ms. Walker,
I am writing this fourth open letter to ask about the contract that you are negotiating in a very questionable manner. We hope this is not one of those cases, as in the past, when SEIU has agreed to bad contracts in secrecy; However, we do suspect that you have already negotiated along SEIU’s established trend of bargaining behind closed doors. And now pretentiously, you will feed the contract to us one take away item at a time.
- Just in case DPA asks for a 5% increase in Pension contributions from us, under no circumstances will you ACCEPT it, right?
- Just in case DPA asks for a 5% increase in healthcare contributions from us, under no circumstances are you going to accept it, right?
- Just in case DPA asks for layoffs of any size, under no circumstances are you going to ACCEPT it, right?
- Just in case DPA gives us less than a 5% raise from 2011 to 2015 (that you are asking for), under no circumstances are you going to ask for a five year contract, right?
- Just in case DPA asks for some take-aways for 2011 to 2015, with any kind of raise, under no circumstances will you agree to a five year contract, right?
- This inefficient and ineffective contract negotiations that you are conducting is not going to cost us 6 to 8 million dollars, right?
The contract that AFSME, CAPS, CAPT, CAHP, and other unions, negotiated and agreed to without any hoopla has cost each one of them about $250,000.
We will publish the above questions on CPPEA’s website to share with our members, supporters, and fellow state employees. If you would like to answer or correct any part of the above questions, please contact me no later than July 28, 2010.
PS – List of 3 additional open letters which will be sent July 22nd – 26th, and will also be posted on: www.cppea.org
1. 7/22/10-Fabricated Non-Germane expenditure= 30%, Actual Non-G expenditure= 75%
2. 7/23/10-Fair Share fee payers challenge SEIU in arbitration for fabricated Expenditures
3. 7/26/10-How SEIU Local 1000 Leadership did not suffer from furloughs (insider info)