Which BU am I in?

by on March 24, 2014

Bargaining Units that SEIU Local 1000 currently represents:

1, 3, 4, 11, 14, 15, 17, 20 and 21


Professional Administrative, Financial & Staff Services
Unit 1 includes accounting officers, auditors, analysts for all departments, employment program representatives at the Employment Development Department (EDD), disability evaluators at the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and Department of Public Health (CDPH), information technology analysts, and other professional classifications.



Professional Educators & Librarians
Unit 3 includes teachers and librarians at the Department of Rehabilitation, Department of State Hospitals, Department of Developmental Services, California Department of Education Special Schools (Blind and Deaf) and Diagnostic Centers, Division of Juvenile Justice, and the Division of Adult Institutions in the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.



Office & Allied Workers
Unit 4 includes program assistants, program/tax technicians, key data operators, word processing technicians, stock clerks and other classifications. This unit also represents toll collectors and DMV employees across the state.


UNIT 11:

Engineering & Scientific Technicians
Unit 11 members work in a wide array of state departments including Caltrans, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Department of Water Resources, and the Department of Food and Agriculture.


UNIT 14:

Printing Trades
Unit 14 includes employees at the Office of State Publishing where the state budget, bills and laws and other state documents are printed. This unit also includes printers and graphic artists in individual departments throughout the state.


UNIT 15:

Allied Service Workers
Unit 15 includes civil service custodians who clean various state buildings, laundry workers, supervising cooks and food services workers in prisons and other state institutions.


UNIT 17:

Registered Nurses
Unit 17 includes registered nurses in state hospitals and prisons, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and Department of Public Health (CDPH) nurse evaluators who inspect facilities, and nurse consultants who oversee special programs.


UNIT 20:

Medical and Social Services Specialists
Includes licensed vocational nurses, certified nurse assistants, teaching assistants, dental assistants, pharmacy technicians, laboratory scientists, and counselors. They work in prisons, veteran’s homes, state hospitals, developmental centers, and special schools.


UNIT 21:

Educational Consultants & Librarians
The educational consultants and librarians of Unit 21 include consultants who work with educational programs from pre-kindergarten through postsecondary or higher education, and the state librarians and archivists.






Find more like this: Which BU am I in?

Share this post